- 3,000 registered attendees from 42 U.S. states, four Canadian provinces and 12 additional countries
- 4,711 virtual attendees for streaming sessions
- More than 40 key bloggers attended from Australia, Canada, Israel, the U.K. and the U.S.
- 17 official sponsors: Microsoft, Dell, Ancestry.com, brightsolid, BYU, NGS, NEHGS, FGS, Oracle, Novell, ViaWest, Family History Expos, Archives.com, UTC, IIMI, Sprint
- 94% of attendees reported they were very satisfied or satisfied with the value of the information received at RootsTech
“The scope of the RootsTech conference was unique. We wanted to try to fulfill a need to bring technology users (family history buffs and anyone interested in genealogy) and technology creators (developers, programmers, engineers) together in a unique, fun environment to collaborate and move the genealogy industry forward through technology,” said Anne Roach, RootsTech 2011 conference chair.
How will RootsTech 2012 compare? We'll find out in just EIGHT more days!
If you're attending, make you don't miss these major announcements: brightsolid is Coming to America with New Genealogy Product and Founder and CEO of MyHeritage to unveil New Research System.
(Source for RootsTech 2011 statistics: http://rootstech.org/about)