Sounds crazy, huh? It seems to make sense; publish the fact that these resources are in the collection and give genealogists a way to request information from them. You will still need to have an active subscription to our database service, and when we fulfill a lookup request, the resulting information will be added to the database, so it will be available for all subscribers.
Here are some of the initial "partial" items released:
- Litiz Academy for Boys 1815-1865 Catalogue
- Littleton Historical Society 1894-95 Proceedings
- Franklin City Directory for 1902
- The Irish Dead in Trinity and St. Paul's Churchyards
- Grand Rapids 1906 Society Blue Book
- The Census of 1860, South Dakota
- Curwensville 1922 Directory
- Alaska Telephone and Telegraph Directory
- Phillips Exeter Academy 1783-1869 Catalogue
- Amherst College 1821-1902 Catalogue
- Pennsylvania Masons in The World War 1914-1918
- Perth Amboy, N. J. 1912 City Directory
- Trenton, N. J., 1914 City Directory
You will also now be able to make lookup requests in the larger books that are being indexed.
Over the next few weeks, dozens of additional resources will be made available in the subscription data section of the Genealogy Today web site. Depending on the volume of lookups, expect to get a response within two to three business days.