Many of these books include biographical sketches, which is what attracted me to purchase them in the first place. Some of the books include a name index, others do not. Most of the ones which had an index have already been posted on the site.
Anyone can search theses free indexes, but only Genealogy Today Subscription Data subscribers may request the individual sketches be posted online. This approach makes these resources available to genealogists, without the need for full digitization. You may also find some of the books in public domain repositories like Google Books and the Internet Archive.*
As for books without an index, like Who's Who in America 1899 - 1900, I am in the process of manually indexing them, and posting incremental information on a weekly basis. While the books are being indexed in alphabetical order (as they are printed), I will be accepting requests to "skip ahead."
Here's a list of other books currently being indexed:
- Americans of Italian Descent in Connecticut
- Americans of Italian Descent in New Jersey
- City Blue Book of Current Biography: Chicagoans of 1915
- Michigan in the World War
- Northeastern Pennsylvania 1900 Biographical Record
- Philadelphia Seminary Biographical Record 1864-1923
- Who's Who Among American Students 1937 - Added May 26, 2011
- Who's Who in New York 1924
- Woman's Who's Who of America 1914-1915
*Why index a book that's already online for free? Having a fielded, first/last name index and search, is much more efficient and accurate than the full-text searches Google Books provides, and the Internet Archive doesn't (easily) offer searches.